To be the premiere centre in Canada to develop and build community engagement for the promotion of moral values, peace and religious harmony by sharing the value of distinct Tibetan arts, culture and heritage.
As a community based organization, the mission of the Centre is to preserve, foster and share the rich and distinct Tibetan culture in Canada. In today`s increasingly diverse and multicultural Canadian society, our mission will be met in a spirit of co-operation and harmony among people of different cultures. We will work on developing and fostering community spirit by promoting anti- oppressive practices through civic engagement, adult education, elder care, social service, athletics, arts, recreation, Tibetan system of medicine, astronomy and astrology, moral education and other community endeavors.
- To provide cultural, spiritual, recreational and educational programs to all Canadians and in particular to Canadians of Tibetan heritage including children and seniors;
- To create awareness and understanding of the unique Tibetan culture and tradition within Canada’s multicultural and inclusive society, to promote harmony and friendship in our diverse society;
- To provide on-going opportunities to learn and practice the Tibetan values of altruism, loving-kindness, compassion and non-violence;
- To initiate a wide variety of programs and service designed to meet the needs of our elders in a holistic way, enhancing their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
- To serve new comers by offering a variety of service including settlement service such as job development service, referral services; youth programs such as language classes, music & dance classes, thangka painting classes; and health and wellness programs such as meditation classes, Tibetan medical counseling camps, and yoga classes.
- To build an awareness campaign on the concept of “universality of human rights” and promote democratization in collaboration with other civil rights groups throughout the world.